Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Etch and a Half and Python SELinux



So by about 10 o'clock on another day off I finally managed to stop checking my work email. Something to feel proud off. I guess I knew it was time when I sent somebody at work a sarcastic email saying I couldn't answer their email because I was on PTO.

And after getting back from having another freaking tire replaced (thank God for Sears Road Hazard) I actually managed to get some computer time since my daughter is feeling better.

Since times are so tough I canceled my VPS, so I've been using Google sites instead and I started a new Linux Security Page to cover stuff on SELinux and AppArmor, both of which I've wanted to play around with for a long time. Also added some new virtualization projects to my watch list which uses the "lists" feature of Google Sites. Very nice.

I don't have any CentOS boxes handy at home but SELinux is available in Debian 4.0 so I gave the latest release a try.

Wow, the python wrappers for SELinux are so cool:


debian4-1008:~# python
Python 2.4.4 (#2, Apr 15 2008, 23:43:20)
[GCC 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import selinux
>>> selinux.is_selinux_enabled()
1


Sure, whatever.

No comments: