Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wolves, Threats, and Action



My first reaction is to think all the taxpayer bellyaching about the bailot is just plain ignorance but on the other hand if you've been lied to and had the government exploit fears of security threats for personal, political, and financial gain, it might make you a bit cynical.

And then there is the minor issue that if the govt. can't manage a relatively simple operation like the invasion/occupation of Iraq (I'm not sure if I'm being facetious but it works either way) how the hell can the fix the global financial system?

But I dunno, I guess I'm too trustworthy, because I heard Paulson on ABC this week this morning and I tend to want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd also like to believe what David Brooks said on PBS about Paulson and Gates being the two "stars" of Bush's 2nd term.

No comments: