Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Little Comic Relief for the Citect Weary



Well those bad boys from Argentina are at it again stirring up quite a June SCADASEC-L storm. I lost count at 50-60 messages. You know it's bad when folks start talking about type safe languages. And of course every classic SCADASEC-L thread has to have an *APOLOGY*.

Thank God I resubscribed.

But somebody better get Walt his blood pressure meds (I've been baiting that hook for months and I finally got a bite -- maybe I can reel in Joe on the next cast!) cause he is getting legal on their ass

I have said for a long time that I think this "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" vulnerability reporting is counterproductive and dangerous.

I further say that if as a result of Core releasing this vulnerability to the Associated Press, if a Citect system gets hacked and property damage occurs or lives are lost (which CAN happen) that the victims can pursue Core as well as Citect. specially since Core states that this vulnerability has not been previously exploited.

IANAL, but that's perilously close to inciting to commit a crime in my book.

Patience. Breath in. Breath out. Resisted the urge to quote some CORE's disclosure timeline, which I actually haven't read, but I can guess....

Hmm... Maybe Citect should sue Core. Oh wait Cisco tried that already.

But back to the title, this Onion article on Cheney is brilliant

WASHINGTON—Reports surfaced Tuesday that the New York–based Fox News Channel has obtained a tape which purportedly features another cryptic video message from U.S. vice president and known extremist Dick Cheney, widely regarded as the most feared man in America.

"We have analyzed the tape, and the voice on it matches up with earlier recordings of the vice president," said CIA spokesman George Little, who claimed the tape may contain valuable clues regarding the location of the elusive Cheney, who was last sighted in late 2005 along the border of Maryland and Virginia

"Though more specific details on his whereabouts have yet to emerge, we do know two things," Little added. "Dick Cheney is still alive, and he is out there somewhere."

Yikes, and I'm moving to Maryland real soon now.

Oh and if you are a visual learner (more fun if you've watched the 9/11 conspiracy theories on Youtube)

9/11 Conspiracy Theories 'Ridiculous,' Al Qaeda Says

No comments: